A webinar hosted by the Irish FA to support the Sport Northern Ireland and Department for Communities ‘Building Better Sports Facilities’ Fund is now available to view online.
The session, led by the Irish FA’s Grants Officer, Richard Forsythe, provides clubs with information on the fund as well as an overview of the application process itself.
The grants programme will be administered by Sport NI and will invest in all aspects of a sports facility’s infrastructure with a view to improving operational efficiency leading to increased participation capacity.
The overall aim of the programme is to contribute towards the delivery of increased, inclusive and safe sustained participation in sport and physical recreation by meeting the following aims:
- To contribute to the modernisation of sports facilities across Northern Ireland;
- To respond to health and safety needs of sports facilities, including building resilience to the Covid-19 pandemic;
- To contribute to improved environmental sustainability of sports facilities across Northern Ireland;
- To contribute to improved access and inclusion at sports facilities with a particular focus on women/girls and people with a disability;
- To respond to facility improvement needs identified by sports as part of Sport NI’s Covid-19Engagement Survey (2020), through Return To Sport queries and other Sport NI insights.