In partnership with the Irish FA Foundation, the Howdens Game Changer Programme aims to supply kitchens to grassroots Football Clubs, giving them an opportunity to serve their communities with food and refreshments.
We want to support projects that will replace or enhance your current kitchen and the food and drink that can be offered. We would like applications to demonstrate how the improvements will connect with your communities and make the best use of the skills within your club.
If successful, Howdens will be responsible for the supply of the kitchen to be fitted by a local tradesperson in co-ordination with the club. The kitchen includes the cabinets, drawers, hinges, handles, frontals, cabinet trims, worktops, sinks, taps and appliances. If your application is successful, a guidance pack of these items will be provided.
Priority will be given to applications that include a nominated fitter that will install the kitchen on a voluntary basis (or a professional fitter funded by the club) and applications that provide more detail on the impact a new kitchen would have on their club.
Please read the following guidelines before completing the Application Form for your club.
Applications open on the 4 December 2023 and close on the 31 January 2024
The following items and services will not be included in the scope for Howdens to deliver and the club should make provision to have the work completed themselves:
- Any works involving the connection or removal of gas appliances / supply.
- Internal accessibility works, apart from a serving counter which will be considered as part of the kitchen design.
- Structural works required e.g. moving of walls, doors or windows.
- Freestanding small domestic appliances such as toasters, kettles, air fryers and commercial catering water boilers will need to be aranged by the club.
- The club will need to source any furniture e.g. chairs, stools, tables etc.
- Any decoration work required on completion of the kitchen installation.
- Flooring repairs or installation. If the flooring is to be replaced, the club will need to confirm the specification to determine if the flooring needs to be installed before or after the kitchen installation.
- Plumbing and electrical work required to get the space ready for install and bringing it up to the relevant standards. This work should be carried out prior to the fit of the kitchen being arranged.
- Any works involving electrical upgrades, including the installation of sockets and lighting for the kitchen.
- All electrical and gas works should be carried out by a qualified and certified contractor.
In order to assess each application, the following evidence should be supplied in the form below;
- Photos of club's existing kitchen, showing ceiling, floor, entrance, plumbing, electrical, gas services
- Photos of existing electrical consumer units and location in relation to kitchen space
- Evidence of security of tenure - signed lease, license or freehold title document
- Landlords consent to do the work
- Building and contents insurance
- Condition survey of the existing building
- Building regulations approval where required
- Any relevant planning approvals
- Food hygiene rating
- Food hygiene qualifications (if kitchen operator is already qualified)
The personal data collected in this application form will be used by the Irish FA Foundation to process your application and assess your eligibility for this grant funding programme. More information on how we process your personal data, and your privacy rights, can be found here.
Your personal data will also be shared with Howdens in order to assess your eligibility for this grant funding programme, and for those successful applications, Howdens will use your personal data in relation to the supply and fitting of new kitchen units and appliances at your football club. For more information on how Howdens process your personal data, please visit here.