Sign up to the Irish FA Newsletter today

Keep up-to-date with all the latest news from the Irish FA including ticket updates, match information, competitions, articles and much more.
Thank you

Saturday 25 Nov 2023
Clearer Water Irish Cup | Fourth Round recap

The eight sides joining their senior counterparts in the next stage of the Clearer Water Irish Cup are now known following Saturday's fourth round ties.

Crumlin Star booked their place in the fifth round with a two-goal defeat of Limavady United in the designated 'tie of the round' at the Cricky in north Belfast.

The Northern Amateur Premier Division side have goals from Aidan McNeill and David Fearon to thank for their win over the Roesiders.

Aidan O'Neill opened the scoring after 19 minutes with a brilliant free-kick that crept past United 'keeper Richard Purcell at the near post but they had to wait until the closing moments of the game to be sure when Fearon knocked home a second in off the underside of the bar.

NIFL Premier Intermediate League leaders Queen's University needed two late goals to account for Derriaghy CC at The Dub.

The visitors moved in front after just 11 minutes through Timmy Clarke, but the students levelled just after the half-hour mark when Ben Mulgrew nodded home a Stewart Nixon cross at the back post.

Derriaghy CC regained the advantage on 56 minutes thanks to a Billy Cassells finish and it was a lead they held until the closing 10 minutes before Nixon head home a Kris Calvert cross to equalise ahead of Mikey Withers' 88th-minute winner.

There were no such issues for Warrenpoint Town as they cruised past Lisburn Rangers at Milltown although they were initially given a scare when Eamon McAllister fired the visitors in front as early as the seventh minute.

But goals from Ray O'Sullivan and Declan Loye tipped the balance back in favour of Barry Gray's side at the break before two for James McElligott, another for O'Sullivan and a Dauda Shotayo strike late on saw 'Point safely through.

Ballymacash Rangers proved to have too much for Drumaness Mills at the Bluebell Stadium.

Benny Igiehon edged 'Cash in front on 32 minutes, with Dylan Sinnerton doubling their lead just after the hour. Eoin Rooney did reduce the arrears soon after but Sinnerton struck again midway through the second half.

Willowbank needed a stoppage time winner to send Tobermore United out of the competition in Larne.

The PIL side moved in front after just sixty seconds through Ciaran McKeever, but a Peter McClure own goal saw Willowbank get back on level terms halfway through the opening period.

Christopher Heaney then fired Willowbank in front eight minutes after the break although United did restore parity not long after that ... which was how it stayed until the third minute of added time when Thomas McCrory popped up to turn home the winner.

Strabane Athletic and Oxford Sunnyside both sailed through after comprehensive victories on the road.

Daniel Doran hit a hat-trick for Strabane as they hit five without reply past Fivemiletown United at the Valley Stadium with Oran McShane and Declan Sharkey also finding the net, while Lennox Camara [2] and Chris Ferguson registered for Oxford in their 3-0 defeat of Valley Rangers at Bignian Park.

Meanwhile, Rosemount Rec. got past Ballymoney United 3-1 on the Islandview Road Playing Fields.

Andrew Dummigan and Curtis Giltrap found the net for Rosemount either side of a Jake Francis strike for United, but it took Karl Steele's 71st-minute own goal to settle the tie.

v P P

AET  ({{fixture.homePenaltyScore}} - {{fixture.awayPenaltyScore}}) penalties
{{fixture.compName}} {{getType(fixture)}}

{{fixture.dateFormatted2}}, {{fixture.timeFormatted}} Kick Off Time TBC at {{fixture.stadium}}