On Tuesday 6 May 2014, work began on the redevelopment of the National Football Stadium for Northern Ireland at Windsor Park.
The stadium project, which was completed in October 2016, has a capacity of over 18,000 seats.
The redevelopment project included:
- Full replacement of the football surface and drainage.
- Demolition of the South Stand.
- Replacement of the South, East and West stands to provide modern spectator and media facilities in the South Stand.
- Refurbishment of the seating in the North Stand.
- Replacement of flood light mast with the new floodlighting integrated at roof height.
- The new headquarters for the Irish Football Association will be in the East Stand.
- In the South Stand our international match day, corporate hospitality and conference facilities will be located.