The McDonald's Irish FA Grassroots Football Awards 2022 will celebrate those who contribute hours of their time for the good of football in Northern Ireland.
The awards recognise the incredible work and commitment of football clubs and volunteers within grassroots football, who give up their time to enable the local game to flourish and grow.
The 2022 McDonald’s Irish FA Grassroots Football Awards application window has now closed.
McDonald’s Irish FA Grassroots Football Awards 2022
Categories & Entry Criteria
- Young Volunteer of the Year: This award recognises the contribution young people make in the community within grassroots football. The category is open to young people from 14 to 24 years of age that make a significant impact in helping to support and develop opportunities for people to participate in the local game.
- Volunteer of the Year: This award recognises the countless hours that dedicated volunteers across Northern Ireland give to help their local club and game. Nominations will be accepted for anyone whose involvement in football has helped to develop others and the grassroots game.
- Wes Gregg Coach of the Year: This award recognises the outstanding contribution of a qualified coach (NCC/ Level 1 certificate and higher) at a grassroots club or Fun Football provider. Someone who encourages people starting, staying and/or succeeding in football through high quality coaching and who adapt their approach to find new ways to keep their players engaged.
- Futsal Award: The Futsal Award looks to recognise an individual or club who have championed the introduction of Futsal in their community.
- Football For All Award: This award celebrates an individual or club who has put inclusivity at the heart of the ethos of their club and has excelled in promoting Football for All. The winner of this award may have started a new girls’ and women’s team, developed a disability programme or used football as a power for good in their community through the introduction of mental health or cross community programmes.
- Club of the Year: This award is for Irish FA Accredited Clubs that deserve special recognition for the work they do. With this award, we recognise the clubs who have shown strong growth and progress in their community both on and off the field.
- The People's Award: The People’s Award recognises the outstanding contribution that an individual has made to football in their local community and beyond.
Deadline for entries was noon on 30 June 2022