Futsal Strategy Coach Development Objectives
- Over 1,000 Youth Football coaches and teachers to have completed the Irish FA Futsal Introductory Award by 2020.
- 400 coaches to have completed the Irish FA Futsal Level One Award by 2020.
- 25 coaches to have achieved the Futsal UEFA B Licence by 2020.
- Appoint male and female International coaching teams by 2016.
- Facilitate a FIFA Futsal Coaching Conference for local coaches by 2017.
- Establish a biennial National Futsal Coaching Conference beginning in 2018.
- Establish a Futsal Study Group Scheme for grassroots coaches by 2020.
Futsal Coaching Courses
Irish FA Introduction to Futsal
The Irish FA's Introduction to Futsal Course is aimed at volunteers, parents, teachers and aspiring or existing coaches working in the area of Grassroots Football that have a desire and the confidence to start Futsal programmes within their club and community setups.
The course is 3 hours in duration, with both theoretical and practical content, looking at the game of Futsal, giving an oversight of how it is played and the benefits of playing Futsal. Participants who complete the course will be presented with an Irish FA Introduction to Futsal Certificate and resource booklet.
Candidates should bring appropriate clothing and footwear for indoor lectures and indoor practical sessions. Candidates should also bring writing materials.
Irish FA Futsal National Coaching Certificate
The Irish FA's Futsal National Coaching Certificate is an assessed Award and an important step to progressing the game of Futsal in Northern Ireland as it looks to further develop the knowledge of the game among grassroots coaches and teacher.
The curriculum includes: Technical and Tactical Instruction, Conditioning, Set Pieces, Goalkeeping and Laws of the Game. The course is 3 days in duration (21 hours) with both theoretical and practical content.
Participants who complete the course will be presented with an Irish FA Futsal National Coaching Certificate.
Candidates will be assessed during the course on topics included in the curriculum and will also be required to complete online modules as part of the Award. Candidates should bring appropriate clothing and footwear for indoor lectures and indoor practical sessions. Candidates should also bring writing materials.