Education and training in the basics of safeguarding is necessary for all staff, volunteers and management committee members engaging in a regulated activity (coaching) with children and young people.
This is covered in the Irish FA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People in Football awareness course.
Safeguarding training covers:
- Basic awareness and understanding of safeguarding issues
- Recognising a child protection concern - including guidance on how to respond to, record and report concerns in line with Association requirements
- Staff and volunteers’ responsibility to safeguard children and young people who participate in Association programmes
- Awareness of the Irish FA’s Safeguarding and Children Policy and Procedures – including Codes of Conduct
Clubs can arrange courses directly through one of the following facilitators. Clubs are responsible for arranging a venue and should pay the facilitator the fee of £125 + travelling expenses. The maximum number of participants is 25. The facilitator will provide the Irish FA with an attendance record and certificates will be issued to all participants. Clubs should maintain their own attendance record. Courses last approximately 3 hours.
- Kevin Doherty - Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org – North West
- Gary Boyd - email@example.com – Antrim, Belfast
- Pat Power - firstname.lastname@example.org – Down, Armagh
- Stephen Mills - email@example.com – Belfast
- Ray Sanderson - firstname.lastname@example.org Fermanagh, Tyrone
Facilitators are prepared to travel within reason. Participants should be aged 18 or over, those aged 16-17 can only participate in the course with parental consent form at the bottom of this page.
Alternatively, individuals can register their interest in participating in one of the following courses:
- Irish FA Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Irish FA Safeguarding Children and Young People – A Referees Guide
- Safeguarding for Child Welfare Officers in Football
Complete the form below and select your preferred region. When capacity is reached (25) you will receive an invitation to attend the course and payment form. Courses will be charged at £15 per person and certificates will be issued on completion.